03 December 2013

Pomegranate Chocolates



One of my favorite things about winter is pomegranates. I absolutely love eating them. As my family can attest I often peal a whole pomegranate and eat the seeds out of a bowl with a spoon :) I also love cooking with them. Pomegranate seeds are delicious on salads, or topped on chicken or fish- but really my favorite thing to make with pomegranate seeds is pomegranate chocolates.

This creation came about several years ago when my brother and I were making chocolate raspberries for christmas. After we had finished making all the chocolate raspberries we still had melted chocolate left over, so we did what normal people do and started scrounging through the kitchen to find more things to cover with chocolate. 

We came upon a bowl of pomegranate seeds, and thus pomegranate chocolates were created.  They really couldn't be easier to make and oh so delicious. All  you need are some little baking cups (smaller than the mini cupcake size), a bowl full of pomegranate seeds, and your favorite chocolate for melting. 


Fill the bottom of the baking cups with pomegranate seeds. I usually do this on a baking sheet so that I can easily place the in the fridge to cool. Next melt your chocolate (I always use dark, but use whatever kind of chocolate you like) in a double boiler- or like I do in a glass bowl over a pot of simmering water. Once the chocolate is melted, using a teaspoon, spoon chocolate over the pomegranate seeds so that they are covered. Once finished covering the seeds, place one pomegranate seed on top. And that is it. 


A simple, delicious, and refreshing christmas treat. Now the hard part is to not eat them all before giving them to friends, family, and coworkers as gifts :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment