14 June 2015

CS Lewis

This past week Ben and I were driving past Oxford when I remembered that Oxford is where CS Lewis was buried. I had even starred the parish church on google maps the week before thinking that if I was ever near by I would want to go. Well we took a small detour and went. 

CS Lewis is one of my all time favorite writers and it was a neat experience to see where he attended church and was ultimately buried. The gravestone was simple and unassuming. CS Lewis shares a grave with his brother, who died 10 years after him, and there is a quote from King Lear which reads "Men must endure their going thence". 

Although not a stunning monument or display of grandeur it was lovely to see CS Lewis's grave stone and I am glad that we made the detour on our way home. 





No comments:

Post a Comment