16 February 2015

Sketch Cream Tea




Pink. That is the word I would use to describe Sketch. It is a restaurant near Regent's Street that serves afternoon tea, among other things. The decor is entirely pink. The chairs and benches are pink velvet, and the walls are pink as well. It is like stepping back into the 60's when kitchens and bathrooms were all one color. It is definitely an experience. 


Although I love the idea of afternoon tea, I don't like the price tag involved, so when I saw on their website that they serve cream tea I knew I needed to go. Cream tea, unlike afternoon tea, just serves tea and scones. Yum.


The walls were covered with pictures. Some of them were pretty funny, others were meh. 


The scones arrived in a napkin envelope. They were toasty warm and so very very delicious.



Here they are after I have taken them out of their napkin blanket. Cream tea is traditionally served with scones, jams, and, surprise surprise, clotted cream. One of the other fun things about Sketch is the tableware.  There is a fun sense of humor about the place and it was a fun experience.


I always like writing in the bottom of mugs, and this mug is no exception. Also look, a fancy tea strainer for my fancy tea. 



No comments:

Post a Comment