08 July 2016

Monte San Savino + Pisa














While my brother and I were in Italy we stayed with his long time friend and current roomie Enrico. Enrico's family has a home in the town of Monte San Savino. A small idyllic town that is nestled amongst the tuscan hills. Stone walls, cobbled street, and a weekly market make it seem like you are stepping back in time. There are several amazing restaurants in this town, including one owned by Enrico's family. In short is was simply perfect in every way. 

The door to Erico's family home in the town. It is a small town and you can walk from one side to the other in around 5 minutes.



The town has functional cistern 
Before flying home we made a quick (literally 10 minute) stop at the Tower of Pisa. We didn't have much time but I didn't want to miss seeing it. I would go back and tour through the town more and climb the tower, but I am glad we made a quick stop before our flight back to London.
This is a view of where we parked our car while we went to snap a few pictures of the tower. After I snapped this shot we drove straight to the airpot and boarded our flight home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment