13 February 2015

Switzerland


Back in December, Ben and I took a mini break to Switzerland. I just wanted a few days to spend in a beautiful area surrounded by mountains.


Lucerne Switzerland. We stayed in Lucerne and this view was about a two minute walk from our hotel. As we were there in December there were several Christmas markets along either side of the waterfront. There was an international food Christmas market that we went to a few times for delicious fares from all over the world.


Mt. Pilatus. This was the view if you are standing on the right side of the waterfront in the first picture. Not to shabby. 


Okay, and last one of water in Lucerne. Here is standing opposite the picture above. I love how colorful and quaint all the buildings are.



Fun fact: Switzerland has fresh spring water drinking fountains throughout all the major cities. We stopped at one that had this lovely statue. We actually ended sitting here for a while because as we were getting water Ben got a really terrible bloody nose, but thankfully there was water so he could rinse his hands off after it stopped. 


I am never going to tire of cute alleyways and old parts of this ancient cities. 


A lake! I don't remember what lake it was but I do remember that the drive to and around it was beautiful! And let me say, the little golf that we rented was awesome. I love renting cars that I actually enjoy driving. It always makes holidays more enjoyable. 



This was the wall paper in our hotel room. I love it so very much.  One whole wall had this wall paper which depicted farms and houses around Lake Lucerne.


Zurich! We went to Zurich for a day and enjoyed wandering through the city. European churches are the best. We really have nothing like them in the states. Also note the little red spire towards the back of the church.


We ate breakfast at a little cafe on the side of the river. As we were eating I noticed a fondue tram going down the street. It is a tram car where you eat fondue while going all through the city! Next time we go to Zurich I am making a point of going on the fondue tram. Stockholm also had a tram that was a cafe. I am going to do that as well. I love the idea of eating food while going all around the city.


Charming! What more needs to be said?


And last but not least- Grindelwald.  Ever since I read "The White Spider" I wanted to see the Eiger. We drove the the Grindelwald region and were blown away by the beautiful mountains, including the Eiger. There was charming mountain village after charming mountain village. Sadly it was a very bright day and a lot of the photos did not turn out so great as the mountains are all covered in snow. But we had a lovely time none the less. I can't wait to go back and visit Switzerland again!

No comments:

Post a Comment