16 September 2015

London with Friends

A few weeks back my friend Lydia and her husband Hank came to London town for a visit. I hadn't seem them in a year and it was so fun to show them all around London- and I enjoyed being a tourist. We did a lot of things that I had not seen and I had a wonderful time exploring London with these two.







I absolutely love the walk from St. Paul's to the Tate Modern. I pretty much take everyone on it when they visit. So scenic and you can see St. Paul's, Tower Bridge, The Globe theatre, and nice views of all the London buildings.  Here we are admiring our reflection at Tate Modern. 
Enjoying this mirror art at Tate Modern. Hank is super impressed. 
The Royal Mews was pretty cool, but this was by far the most impressive carriage. It is only used for coronations and weighs several tons. It requires eight horses to pull it and can only go about 5 mph. I would say that unless you are really into carriages you could skip the Royal Mews. 
But they did have royal ponies! 
We also went to the Queen's Gallery. Although neat, again this could really be skipped. It is quite small and you can see enough paintings in Buckingham Palace. I did love all the paintings of Victoria and Albert though.  
The Queen's Gallery focus's on painting of gardens, or garden scenes. All of the paintings have gardens in them. 
And interactive kids area had dried flowers hanging. 


Next stop Buckingham Palace. Now this is 100% worth visiting. The state rooms are absolutely spectacular. There are about 15 rooms that you get to walk though and they are all stunning in their own way. There are countless treasures and beautiful paintings in almost every room. I can't wait to go back. No photos are allowed inside but you can take photos in the garden. 
The garden was in good form when we visited. 
Give me a hug! 
Much better. 
Ready to be a Queen's Guardsman. 
One evening we did a river cruise and then went up the London Eye. Both were great fun, and not things I had done before. 
Entry to the traitors gate at the Tower of London. 
Watching the sun set on the London Eye was a perfect ending to a lovely day.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely post, as usual! I can tell you are a fantastic tour guide, Cierra!! (Also, this is Lily posting from Abe's account.) :)

    ReplyDelete