14 July 2015

Jordan: The Dead Sea

This past week I had the amazing opportunity to visit Ben while he was working in Jordan. The trip was extremely last minute but we were still able to plan a week packed full of amazing adventures. The hotel that Ben is staying at for work is located right on the Dead Sea. I arrived really late Sunday night, and we didn't get back to hotel until around 1am, so the first day I spend lounging around at the hotel, which was really quite nice and relaxing. 


The Dead Sea is the lowest point on earth. Due to this it has its own micro climate and it is very warm compared to other areas in Jordan that are at much higher elevations. The average temperatures here were in the low 100's.







Yeah the view is alright. You can see Israel in the background. 


A view from the our hotel room facing away from the Dead Sea.


My workspace for the days I was at the pool. I still had to get a bunch of work done on my thesis, but that didn't prohibit me from lounging about in a swim suit and swimming around a good amount.



And finally, I went into the Dead Sea. It is not anywhere as gross as the Great Salt Lake, so I was more than happy to go in.




No comments:

Post a Comment