25 April 2015

Craft Fair + Boat Race

A few weeks ago we went to The Renegade Craft Fair in Brick Lane. This biannual fair brought crafters from USA and the UK together to sell their goods. It was fun to go and look, but there wasn't much that I loved. I did however LOVE this London embroidered map. 











The craft fair had an Anna Mae's pop-up. This had been on my list for a while of mac 'n cheese places to try and I have to say I was a little disappointed. I can whip up much better mac 'n cheese, and the price point it a bit steep. So unless you love mac 'n cheese so much that you will eat it whenever possible, I  would skip it. However, their booth was adorable and I absolutely love the American flag. U.S.A! 


After the craft fair we headed to Bishops Park to watch the Oxford vs. Cambridge boat race. There was a lovely church as you entered the park. 




We grabbed some fresh donuts (I mean how could we not?) and went to find a spot to watch the race. This has been a race that has been happening since 1829, with only a  few years where it didn't take place during the WW's. It was super crowded with people coming to support their school and have a lovely afternoon in the park. 



 Here is our view of the race. Not the best, but at least we got to see the boats. Also as both teams are blue it is was difficult to tell who was winning but we were able to look up the result after. Oxford came out ahead by 6 1/2 boat lengths. 




No comments:

Post a Comment